5 Best Android GPS Applications In addition to Google Maps
Best GPS and Navigation apps (offline or online) for android. If you are shy of asking questions, you will get lost in your way. This proverb is always spoken to people who lost direction on the street. However, what if you get lost on the street and no one to direct you to your destination? your smartphone can help you with GPS application.
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a satellite-based navigation system made up of at least 24 satellites. GPS is an application that can help you when visiting places that you never visited. In addition, GPS can be a navigator on your Android and you can find out at any point that is happening congestion. Here are some of the best android GPS apps :
Sygic is the world’s most installed offline GPS navigation app with real-time traffic information for Android with free 3D offline maps from TomTom. Data collected from 500 million users world-wide. Provided by global automotive, mobile operators, mapping & traffic information suppliers.
• Offline maps will reduce your cellular data usage, no internet is required
• Real-Time traffic helps you avoid traffic jams
• Police radar/speed camera warnings save your money and time
• Park easily with parking place suggestions and info about availability and prices
• Find cheapest gas based on your gas type
• Head-up Display (HUD) makes driving at night safer
• Tourist attractions & pedestrian navigation
• Real-time route sharing lets you share your planned route, estimated time of arrival & current position on a map
• Dynamic Lane Guidance & Junction View for safe lane changes
• Voice guided navigation with spoken street names
• Free map updates multiple times per year
• Dashcam that records even while you are navigating
• Millions of points of interest (POI) on the map
Whether you are travelling, commuting to work, or driving professionally Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps is your one map for everything.
Maps of all countries of the World from TomTom and other providers
• Europe, Russia
• North & South America
• Asia & Middle East
• Australia, New Zealand
Download topo maps for an offline outdoor navigator!. Use your phone or tablet as an offroad topo mapping handheld GPS with the bestselling outdoor navigation app for Android. Explore beyond cell coverage for hiking and other recreation.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. Some additional content in app purchase:
- Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
- GMU boundaries in some states
- Lake Contours in several states.
- Content from US TrailMaps including: ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps.
About topo (topographic) maps: TopoMaps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, search and rescue (SAR) & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator, or specify a custom tile server.
Real-Time GPS Tracker
With RTT2 app you can essentially do two things:
- Show your own location live on Google Maps. This way your family and friends always know where you are and that you are safe.
- See the location of your friends and family members right in the app. Just ask them to install this app.
Additionally this app provides tons of extra features (geofence, track and trace, etc.) which is why it is one of the most popular real-time gps trackers for Android.
Examples this GPS Tracker can be used for:
- Show your outdoor trip live to your family & friends. They can track you in real-time while your are running, hiking, biking, paragliding, or just traveling by train or car.
- Track your family & friends. Ask them to install this GPS Tracker and you can track each other in real-time.
- Geo-fencing: Receive automatic notifications when a tracked users enters or leaves an area specified by you (geofence).
- Latitude replacement: The default configuration needs more battery. If you want to save battery just increase the update interval or use cell tower locations instead of GPS. Support is available in the forum.
- Embed your map into your website or blog.
- Track and Trace: Provide a live tracking service for your customers. Useful for leaflet and other companies (pizza delivery, etc).
- Educational: Students use this tracker to track their weather balloons.
Navitel Navigator is a precise offline GPS navigation with free geosocial services and detailed maps of 64 countries.
• 3 alternative routes with display of time and distance for each of them.
• Realtime traffic information.
• Navitel Friends/Cloud.
• Navitel Weather.
• Dynamic POI. Fuel prices, movie showtimes and other useful information.
• Navitel Events.
• Navitel SMS.
• SpeedCam warnings. Information on radars, video recording cameras and speed bumps.
• 3D Mapping.
• 3D Road interchanges.
• Line Assist.
• Multilanguage support.
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance.
• Dashboard. More than 100 different gauges: time, speed, weather and other parameters.
• Fast route calculation.
• Easy routing with unlimited number of waypoints.
• Customizable user interface.
• Multitouch support.
• GPS / GLONASS.
Glympse is a fast, free and simple way to share your real-time location using GPS tracking, with any of your family, friends or co-workers!
Send a Glympse to let friends and family know you are on your way. Request a Glympse from a colleague who is always running late. Set up a Glympse group for your family reunion.
- Easy: no sign-up required
- Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
- Live: share location in real time with dynamic map
- Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
- Passive: runs in the background
- Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
- coordinate a social night out with friends
- let your spouse know your ETA when you’ll be home from work
- let your family know you are safe while running or cycling
- find friends at a concert festival
- provide a courtesy notice with ETA to a client when stuck in traffic
- share a charity run route with followers on Facebook or Twitter
- direct emergency or roadside personnel to you quickly